Western Bulldogs Show Your Support Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Participation in this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter is Footscray Football Club Limited trading as “Western Bulldogs” (ABN 68 005 226 595), 417 Barkly St, West Footscray, 3012, 1300 46 36 47. Any reference to the Club refers to the Western Bulldogs (ABN 68 005 226 595). (“Promoter”).
- Entry is open to all ordinary Australian persons who reside in Australia (“Eligible Entrants”). Entrants under 18 years of age must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this competition.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, participating outlets and the agencies associated with this competition are ineligible to enter this competition. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent.
- Route of entry for this competition and details of how to enter are via the Western Bulldogs website (www.westernbulldogs.com.au).
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- Competition commences on Wednesday, 25 August 2021 at 5pm AEST and closes Monday, 27 September, 2021 at 12pm AEST (the” Competition Period”).
HOW TO PLAY
- To enter this competition, Eligible Entrants must during the Competition Period register their details at https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/finals/messages and upload a photo to the competition page that responds to the call to action “Send in your image, video or messages of support for the team”
9. Entrants can only enter in their own individual capacity. Entering under a false name/s may invalidate your entry. Multiple entries under different names may also invalidate all entries at the Promoter’s discretion. The use of automatic entry software, mechanical or electronic devices that allows an individual to automatically enter the competition is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
- This is a game of skill. The winner of the competition will be the Eligible Entrant whose entry is judged the most creative photo by the judge, a Western Bulldogs nominee. Judging will take place at 12pm Tuesday 28 September 2021, and the winner will be notified by email by 5.00pm AEDT on Tuesday 28 September, 2021.
- Any content that is submitted as part of an entry must not:
a) be offensive or be likely to cause offence to any person or group of persons;
b) depict any person engaged in any activity that might injure that person or any other person;
c) promote or depict illegal or negligent activity;
d) infringe the rights (including intellectual property rights, performer's rights or rights of reputation) of any person, whether as a result of being communicated to the public or otherwise;
e) be defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar, or otherwise unlawful;
f) contain violent or sexual content;
g) include content of a person or persons unless their consent has been obtained;
h) identify minors without written parental consent;
i) have previously been shown to the public or a substantial number of members of the public; or
j) in whole or in part, have been submitted as an entry in any other promotion.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- There is ten (10) prizes to be won which will be randomly given out to the winners. The Eligible Entrants will win the following prizes:
- 5 x 2021 signed ASICS guernseys (RRP $500 each)
- 5 xASICS prize packs consisting of a small ASICS duffle bag, water bottle and Bulldogs Cap (RRP $97 per pack)
· Total prize pool = $2,985
- The Promoter (Western Bulldogs) reserves the right, at any time, to invalidate any entries (and entrants who submit or cause those entries to be submitted) which it reasonably suspects have been submitted: (a) using false, incorrect, fraudulent or misleading information, including but not limited to personal details and contact information; (b) through the use of multiple identities, email addresses or accounts; and/or (c) in any way in contravention of these Terms and Conditions.
- Incomplete, illegible or incorrect entries, or those which contain offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third-party rights, including intellectual property rights, will be deemed invalid.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Eligible Entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Eligible Entrant.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time during, or after the closing date of the competition, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an Eligible Entrant’s identity and place of residence) and to disqualify any Eligible Entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the Promoter’s competition database and NOT at the time of completion by the Eligible Entrant. Any cost associated with entering the competition is the Eligible Entrant’s responsibility.
- The judging of the winners will take place at 12pm (AEST), Monday 27 September 2021. The prize winner will be notified via telephone by 5:00pm (AEST) Monday 27 September 2021 with details about claiming their prize. The Judges' decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into. The winners’ names will be published on www.westernbulldogs.com.au within 3 days of the prize winners being selected.
- This is a contest of skill, chance will not play a role in determining the competition winners.
- The following additional conditions apply to the Prize winners:
- Promoter’s discretion and are subject to availability;
- the prize is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged, delayed or redeemed for cash;
- if the winner does not take the prize during the time period stipulated, then the prize is forfeited, and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize;
- any unused portion of the prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and non-redeemable for other goods or services and cannot be taken as cash;
- if requested by the Promoter, the winner and any companion must as a condition of accepting the prize sign the Promoter’s:
a) deed of release in relation to the use of his/her name and image for promotional purposes; and
b) deed of indemnity and exclusion of liability.
- If for any reason a winner does not take the prize or any part of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize or that part of the prize cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
- Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. If the prize includes tickets and/or vouchers, all tickets and/or vouchers are valid for the date or period as indicated on the tickets and/or vouchers. Tickets and vouchers are subject to the conditions stipulated by the provider of the tickets and/or vouchers.
- If this competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law:
a) To disqualify any Eligible Entrant; or
b) Subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the competition, as appropriate.
- If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter and the Western Bulldogs (including their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury or death; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the competition or accepting or using the prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request that any winner provide proof of identity prior to awarding the prize. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. Prize winner may be required to sign any form required by the Promoter including without limitation a legal release and indemnity form or a declaration confirming their eligibility to accept the prize.
- Once the prize has left the Promoter's premises, the Promoter and their associated agencies take no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
- Should an Eligible Entrant’s contact details change during the Competition Period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions given under State Regulation.
- If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition any changes are subject to State Regulations.
- Eligible Entrants consent to the Promoter using the Eligible Entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- Prizes and participation in the competition are subject to any conditions imposed by the supplier or organiser of the prizes, as applicable.
- If due to any reason whatsoever the Promoter becomes aware after an Eligible Entrant has won the prize that the Eligible Entrant has not complied with these terms, that Eligible Entrant will have no entitlement to the prize, even if the Promoter has announced him/her as the winner and that Eligible Entrant will be required, at the direction of the Promoter, to return, refund or otherwise make restitution of the prize.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought. Where the operation of this competition results in, for GST purposes, supplies being made for non-monetary consideration, Eligible Entrants agree to follow the Australian Taxation Office’s stated view that where the parties are at arm’s length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
- Each Eligible Entrant must ensure that any other person whose details have been provided by the Eligible Entrant to the Promoter for the purposes of the Eligible Entrant’s participation in this competition has given their implied or express consent for their details to be provided to the Promoter and any of its related companies and to be contacted by the Promoter or any of its related companies in relation to this competition.
- Eligible Entrants acknowledge that the competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram or any other social media platform whatsoever. Any information provided as part of the competition is provided to the Promoter and not to the relevant social media platform. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of the terms and conditions of any relevant social media platform’s terms and conditions including but not limited to Facebook’s terms and conditions of use and related rules on www.facebook.com. Eligible Entrants completely release any relevant social media platform, including but not limited to Facebook, from any and all liability in connection with this competition.
- Unless the contrary intention appears, a reference in these terms or in any advertisement relating to this competition, to Australian dollars, dollars, AUD$ or $ is a reference to the lawful currency of Australia. All references to dollar amounts are inclusive of goods and services tax (GST).
- All entries and materials submitted to the Promoter in connection with this competition (in any form including without limitation in hard copy or electronic form) become and remain the property of the Promoter and each Eligible Entrant warrants it has the right to transfer these things to the Promoter. The Promoter may use such entries and materials and any intellectual property rights subsisting in them in any medium and in any manner, it sees fit, including without limitation, by reproducing, modifying or adapting such entries and materials. The Promoter may collect Eligible Entrants’ personal information in order to conduct the competition. If the information requested is not provided, the Eligible Entrant may not participate in the competition. By entering the competition, unless otherwise advised, each Eligible Entrant also agrees that the Promoter, the Promoter's employees, related companies and agents, including but not limited to the Western Bulldogs, may use this information, in any media for future promotional purposes, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the Eligible Entrant, including sending the Eligible Entrant electronic messages and telephoning the Eligible Entrant.
- The competition is governed exclusively by the laws of Australia.
By providing your personal information, you agree to such use. Your personal information will be kept securely and confidentially.
Although you may choose not to provide us with certain information, please be aware that this choice will affect the type of and quality of service we can provide to you.